I’m a database specialist with more than 20 years experience in the field of Oracle databases. I started as a developer (Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, PL/SQL) in the 1990s. Later I spent some years at Oracle Support (Field Support). After some years as a database administrator at a credit agency with some High Availability databases (Oracle RAC, Oracle DataGuard) I joined Trivadis, a Swiss based consulting company, in 2008.
Currently, I’m a Principal Consultant at Trivadis in Duesseldorf (Germany). My focus are Oracle Real Application Clusters Oracle Multitenant and database upgrade and migration projects. One of my largest projects was setting up a 26-node RAC cluster with 5 large databases (10 – 30 TB) for an US based telecommunication provider.
Since 2009 I’m a teacher at Trivadis for the following courses
- Oracle Architecture and Internals (- 2018)
- Oracle Grid Infrastructure and Real Application Clusters
- Oracle Database New Features for DBAs
- Oracle Multitenant
- PostgreSQL for Oracle DBAs
I give up to 20 courses per year. Aditionally to sharing his knowledge in course, I like speaking at national and international conferences like Oracle Open World, IOUG COLLABORATE, UKOUG Tech, nlOUG Tech Experience and the DOAG annual conferences.I’m an active member of the database community of the German Oracle User Group (DOAG, Deutsche Oracle Anwendergruppe) and a delegate for the annual DOAG meeting.
In 2016 I co-authored the (german) book “Der Oracle DBA” which was published in 2016.
Since September 2017 I’m a member of the board of the Oracle RAC SIG.
Trainings (since 2008):
- Oracle Streams (2008)
- ITIL v2 (2008)
- Oracle Security Expert (2009)
- Oracle Storage Optimierung (2010)
- Oracle Data Guard (2013)
- Big Data Orientation Workshop (2017)
- EDB PostgreSQL Summerschool (2017)
- OCI Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (2019)
- Oracle Architektur und Interna (2009 – 2018)
- Oracle 11g New Features für DBAs (since 2012)
- Oracle 12c New Features für DBAs (since 2013)
- Oracle Real Application Clusters (since 2011)
- Oracle Multitenant (since 2018)
- PostgreSQL für den Oracle DBA (since 2019)