Back home from nlOUG Tech Experience 2018 at the Rijtuigenloods/Amersfoort
Almost one week ago, I attended the conference of the Dutch Oracle User Group (nlOUG), “nloug Tech Experience 2018”. It was another great experience, once again, thanks to nlOUG for the chance of being part of it.
I had two presentations at the conference:
Taming the PDB – resource management and lockdown profiles
Which was about some new features of Oracle Database 12c Release 2 in the area of Multitenant databases:
- Demo Lockdown Profiles (mp4): lockdowndemo
- Demo: IO limits (mp4) iolimitdemo
The three investigators: OraChk, TFA and DBSAT .. which is an introduction into these three tools
- OraChk Sample Report: orachk_kereru_NCDB122_030418_161825
- Oracle Database Security Assessment (Sample Report): dbsat_collect_tvdncdb_report
- Oracle Database Sensitive Data Assessment (Sample Report): dbsat_discover_ncdb122_discover
The latter presentation was the substitute for a presentation of my former colleague Stefan Panek, who was not able to attend the conference. I had hoped for some more attendees J
I like the venue where the conference took place. It was an old railway workshop with a special flair. Most of the conference rooms where old railcars.
“nlOUG Tech Experience” was held for the second time. It is still a small conference, but it deserves more attendees. Let’s see what the future brings …